Call now for your free quote:
Many people are unsure how often to get their carpets cleaned,
or about cleaning the upholstered furniture within your home.
If this is you, don’t worry you’re not the only one. Life happens,
and we are all busy, but we have had many clients tell ask us,
“We haven’t had our furniture cleaned since we bought it, how
much dirt is really on my furniture?” or “Why do I need to get my
carpets cleaned?” The truth of the matter is, every client is
different and every client has a different budget but the bottom line is,
fabric all retains dust, and smoke.
If it were up to us, you would have your carpets cleaned often, but to help determine how frequently you should clean your carpets we should consider a few factors:
- How many people live in your home? The more people that live there, the more foot traffic, and the more likely someone will spill coffee, or track dirt in. Not to mention, the busier you are, the more likely you are to miss small dust accumulating on your carpets or furniture.
- Do you have any pets? How many, and what kind? Pets leave dander, and hair in your carpet and upholstery.
- Does anyone currently or have previously smoked in the home? If so, nicotine can get absorbed into the carpets, upholstery and draperies and the smell can be difficult to get rid of.
- Does anyone in your family suffer from allergies? If so, keeping your carpets and furniture as clean as possible can be a lifesaver to someone who suffers from allergies. We clean with just water heated up to 250 degrees. The hot water we use breaks down the oils and dirt and the high temperature will kill any bacteria and sanitize your carpets, thus making them very clean. The indoor air quality will be better after your carpets are cleaned, and in theory the allergies would improve.
- How old are your carpets? If they are new or newer carpets, we can treat the carpets with a protective sealant to help prevent spill from getting into the fabric. If they are older carpets, you should have one of our professional carpet cleaners come and take a look to provide you with the best plan of action.
- Where are your carpets located? Carpets right by entry ways are more likely to track in outside dirt, and therefore may need to be cleaned more frequently.
Our recommendation is that furniture and carpets that are used frequently should be cleaned approximately every 4-18 months depending on the answers above. The moral of the story is, you wouldn’t want to have your kids playing on your carpet or furniture knowing it could be holding onto dirt and dander. You wouldn’t let them play in dirt and not give them a bath? Well cleaning your carpets is the same concept. Just because the dirt and dander is not always visible, does not mean it’s not there. Have you ever vacuumed your carpets and thought, “Wow, I did not know my carpets were that dirty.” Frequent carpet and furniture cleaning can help prevent the stains from accumulating and will keep your carpets and looking cleaner for longer!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FROM OUR CUSTOMERS: